Amazon launches Hindi version of website and app Image copyright Getty Images Amazon has launched a Hindi version of its mobile website and smartphone app in a bid to attract millions of new customers in India.
A KPMG-Google study showed the number of Hindi internet users is likely to top English-speaking users by 2021.
Amazon's move will boost competition with Flipkart, India's biggest online retailer, which is owned by Walmart.
The pair are engaged in a battle for customers in the country's $33bn (£26.7bn) e-commerce market.
"Amazon.in in Hindi is a critical step to actually address the next 100 million customers," said Manish Tiwary, vice-president of category management at Amazon India, according to Reuters.
Many of those customers live in India's small towns and villages, and may not speak English.
Amazon's market value tops $1tn Why did Walmart buy Flipkart? The move comes as Amazon faces increased competition in India from Walmart, which recently p..
India stepmother arrested for 'ordering' gang rape of girl, 9 Image copyright AFP Image caption Scrutiny of sexual violence has grown in India since 2012 Police have arrested six people in connection with the gang rape and murder of a nine-year-old girl in Indian-administered Kashmir.
Officials said the girl's stepmother told her son, 14, and three others to rape the victim in her presence.
They said the girl's body was found on Sunday in a jungle in Baramulla district. She was tortured and her body was burnt with acid, they added.
The stepmother was allegedly upset as the girl was her father's favourite.
Police told BBC Urdu that the girl had been missing for 10 days before they found her body.
"It was found that the stepmother had been nursing a grudge against the second wife of her husband, and her children," the NDTV news website quoted senior police officer Mir Imtiyaz Hussain as saying.
Was Delhi gang rape India's #Metoo moment? Viewpoint: Why dea..
Uber to block low-rating riders in Australia and New Zealand Image copyright Getty Images Image caption Uber asks passengers and drivers to review each trip to form a personal user rating Uber is to block customers in Australia and New Zealand from its ride service if they have a low passenger rating.
Riders rated four-out-of-five stars or lower will be banned for six months. Ratings are based on feedback left by drivers after each journey.
The move is aimed at improving passenger behaviour, the company said.
Uber told the BBC that Australia and New Zealand had been identified as a place to bring in the rule after feedback form drivers.
The same policy was introduced in Brazil earlier this this year, Uber said, but it's the first time the control has been rolled out in an English-speaking market.
An Uber spokeswoman declined to be drawn on exactly how many of its 2.8 million users in Australia and New Zealand currently had ratings of below 4.0 - but conceded it was only "a few th..
JD.com head Liu was arrested in US on allegation of rape Image copyright Getty Images The chief executive of China's JD.com, Liu Qiangdong, was arrested last week on suspicion of rape, according to a US police report.
The reason for Mr Liu's arrest in the US was initially disclosed as "criminal sexual conduct".
The Chinese billionaire has denied any wrongdoing. He was released without charge but investigations are ongoing.
Shares in JD.com, one of China's biggest e-commerce sites, hit an 18-month low on Tuesday.
Mr Liu, who is also known as Richard Liu, was arrested in the US on Friday and released on Saturday.
Minneapolis police told the BBC on Monday his release was "not indicative of the strength of the evidence". No travel restrictions were imposed and Mr Liu has returned to China.
Earl Gray, a lawyer for Mr Liu, said he did not expect him to face charges, according to the Wall Street Journal.
"There is no believable or credible evidence that he has done anything ..
Australian paramedics grant dying man's ice cream wish Image copyright QUEENSLAND AMBULANCE SERVICE Image caption Ron McCartney, 72, was being transported to palliative care Australian paramedics have been thanked for fulfilling a terminally ill man's desire for an ice cream sundae on his final trip to hospital.
The gesture happened last week but has been shared publicly in a Queensland Ambulance Service (QAS) Facebook post.
They said paramedics had acted after learning their patient, Ron McCartney, 72, had eaten little in previous days.
"The officers asked Ron, if you could eat anything... what would it be?" the post by QAS said.
"To which Ron replied, a caramel sundae."
The ambulance service said it had been left "humbled and tinged with sadness" after receiving a message of gratitude from Mr McCartney's wife, Sharon.
His daughter, Danielle Smith, said that her father had died on Saturday in palliative care, following a 17-year fight with pancreatic cancer.
Typhoon Jebi leaves trail of destruction across Japan Image copyright EPA Image caption The winds were powerful enough to flip cars in Osaka At least nine people have been reported killed by Typhoon Jebi, the worst storm to hit Japan in 25 years.
Jebi has left a trail of destruction across the west of the country, hitting major cities like Kyoto and Osaka.
Flights, trains and ferries were cancelled but thousands of passengers stranded at Osaka's international airport have since been evacuated.
The winds are slowing down and moving north, but people are being urged to stay alert for landslides and floods.
Image copyright EPA Image caption People are urged to remain cautious As of Wednesday morning, evacuation advisories had been issued for more than 1.2 million people.
More than 30,000 people were given stronger but still not mandatory evacuation orders, the Fire and Disaster Management Agency said.
Image copyright AFP Image caption The storm lashed the streets of Osaka, brin..
Indian police seek last Nizam's stolen gold lunchbox Image caption The gold lunchbox Police in the southern Indian city of Hyderabad are investigating the theft of a gold, diamond-studded lunchbox that belonged to a former royal family.
The thieves also stole a ruby and gold teacup, saucer and teaspoon. Weighing 3kg, the items are valued at about $7m.
They belonged to Mir Osman Ali Khan - the last Nizam (king )of Hyderabad - and once the richest man in the world.
The theft was discovered on Monday morning. Police suspect it occurred the previous night.
The valuables were removed from their display vaults in the Nizam's palace, which is now a museum.
A sword belonging to the same royal family was stolen from another museum in the city 10 years ago.
Police told BBC Telugu that they suspect two people were involved in the latest theft.
Talks over Maharajah's millions Hyderabad 1948: India's hidden massacre The 'unlucky' building spooking an Indian mini..
India Andhra Pradesh: What happened to the newest state capital? Image copyright AFP photo/PIB Image caption India hoped Amaravati would put Andhra Pradesh on the global map India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for a new capital in the southern state of Andhra Pradesh in 2015. But three years later nothing has been built in Amaravati, which was touted as a city that could "make India proud", reports Sriram Karri.
The state was forced to look for a new capital after it was split in two to create India's 29th state, Telangana. The current capital Hyderabad went to the new state, although both states were to share it for 10 years.
The plans for Amaravati were ambitious to say the least. The city was to be developed over 7,500 sq km (2,895 sq miles) over the next 10 years, and it was envisaged it would be 10 times bigger than Singapore.
The chief minister of Andhra Pradesh, N Chandrababu Naidu, who was widely held to be responsible for converting Hyderab..
Flowerboys and the appeal of 'soft masculinity' in South Korea A man wearing make-up on the street may elicit unwelcome glares, questions about his masculinity and even his sexuality. But in South Korea, ideas about how to look good as a man are changing attitudes and influencing the world, as the BBC's Saira Asher reports.
When the BBC posted a video about the make-up routine of a 16-year-old YouTuber in Seoul on Facebook, the reactions ranged from intrigued to downright vitriolic.
Some assumed this meant he was gay, while others admonished him for his choice saying "real men don't wear make-up". There were, of course, those that argued for his freedom to live life however he pleased and against the "fragile masculinities" on show.
But Kim Seung-hwan is used to it. He says he's been called gay by some Koreans online for as long as he's been doing make-up tutorials.
Media playback is unsupported on your device Media captionA YouTube vlogger talks about w..