#MeToo firestorm consumes Bollywood and Indian media Image copyright Getty Images Image caption This is not the first time alleged harassers have been publicly shamed in India India's #MeToo movement arrived in a cascade of allegations as women took to Twitter to call out comedians, journalists, authors, actors and filmmakers - in the process, they have sparked a debate about consent and complicity.
Unlike its American counterpart, it has not been spurred by investigative journalism. Rather, it has been a spontaneous outpouring in the last few days, amplified by journalists themselves. And it has hit Indian media the hardest.
It's difficult to say what sparked the torrent of allegations. But it seems to have started on 4 October when a young female comedian accused Utsav Chakraborty, a 33-year-old comedian, of sending her an unsolicited photo of his penis. More allegations followed as other women replied to her tweet or she shared private messages they sent her (with their ..
India mob attack: Nine arrested for beating up schoolgirls Image copyright Pacific Press/Getty Image caption Sexual violence against women and girls has been the subject of protests across India in recent years At least nine people have been arrested following a mob attack at a girls school in the north-eastern Indian state of Bihar, police say.
Local reports said some 34 schoolgirls were treated in hospital after a crowd of teenage boys, their parents and locals beat them up on Saturday.
The girls from the government school in Triveniganj had earlier admonished local boys for sexually harassing them.
As of Monday, six boys and three women were in custody, police told media.
Reality Check: Is child sex abuse in India rising? The horror story inside an Indian children's home India 'sacred river rape' - two held They suspect another eight to 10 unidentified people were also involved in the mob attack against the girls, believed to be aged between 10 and 16.
Police said ..
Frosty start to US-China talks on North Korea Image copyright Reuters Image caption Mr Pompeo ( L) told his counterpart Mr Wang (L) that the US and China had fundamental disagreements A meeting of top US and Chinese diplomats in Beijing to discuss North Korean nuclear disarmament has got off to a frosty start.
China's Foreign Minister, Wang Yi, criticised America for imposing tariffs on Chinese goods and for accusing Beijing of interfering in US politics.
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo spoke of fundamental differences.
The US is hoping to get China to support its plan for North Korea's nuclear disarmament.
Mr Pompeo said "significant progress" had been made towards denuclearisation.
He said North Korean leader Kim Jong-un had agreed to allow international inspectors into the Punggye-ri nuclear test site that was dismantled in May.
He also said there were plans for a second summit between Mr Kim and Donald Trump, which the US president mentioned again in a tweet:
China moves to boost liquidity amid US trade war Image copyright Getty Images China will cut the amount of cash banks must hold in reserve as part of efforts to support its economy, amid an escalating trade war with the US.
The move will see 750bn yuan ($109bn; £83bn) in cash injected into the financial system.
The US is fighting a trade war with China which threatens the outlook for Chinese manufacturing and exports.
It is the fourth time the country's central bank has cut its reserve requirement this year.
China's central bank said it would cut reserve requirement ratios by 100 basis points from 15 October. These are currently 15.5% for large commercial lenders and 13.5% for smaller banks.
Cutting reserve requirements frees up money for banks to lend to each other and consumers.
US-China trade row: What has happened so far? The early victims of Trump's trade war China moves to support economy The People's Bank of China's move will release 1.2 trillion yuan..
Sydney Opera House horse race advert ignites furore Image copyright RACING NSW Image caption The promotion for "The Everest" is to take place on Tuesday A plan to advertise a horse race on the sails of the Sydney Opera House has prompted a large backlash in Australia.
The World Heritage-listed site will show the advert on Tuesday, after an order by the New South Wales premier.
Critics say the decision defies Sydney Opera House rules by effectively creating a "billboard" for the racing and gambling industries.
But others, including Prime Minister Scott Morrison, have defended it as positive for the economy and tourism.
Since Friday, more than 150,000 people have signed an online petition calling for the opera house to be "protected".
The Sydney Opera House, inaugurated in 1973, is recognised by the UN as a "masterpiece of 20th Century architecture". It was declared a Unesco World Heritage site in 2007.
What prompted the controversy?Last week, the Sydney Opera House board rejected the ..
Brexit: Japan 'would welcome' UK to TPP says Abe Image copyright Getty Images Image caption Theresa May met Shinzo Abe on an official visit to Japan last year Britain would be welcomed into the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal with "open arms" after it leaves the EU, Japan's prime minister has said.
While the UK would lose its role as a gateway to Europe after Brexit, it would retain its "global strength", Shinzo Abe told the Financial Times.
He also urged the UK and EU to use "wisdom" to avoid a no-deal scenario.
The TPP is a trade agreement between 11 countries, including Japan, Canada, Australia and Malaysia.
US President Donald Trump withdrew his country from the agreement last year, soon after entering the White House.
What is the Trans-Pacific Partnership? Could the UK really join TPP? Brexit: All you need to know Mr Abe's comments are likely to be welcomed by Brexit supporters, who argue Britain would be able to strike trade deals more easily outsid..
Dorset man killed by sea snake in Australia 'was living dream' Image copyright Getty Images Image caption Harry Evans was bitten by the snake as he pulled in a net, police said A British man who died after being bitten by a sea snake in Australia was "living his dream" working on a fishing boat, his mother said.
Harry Evans, 23, from Poole, Dorset, was bitten while working on a trawler 400 miles off the coast of the Northern Territory on Thursday.
Emergency crews were called to the boat, near island Groote Eylandt, but were unable to save him.
His mother, Sharon Evans, said he was "working in a job he loved".
Mr Evans was bitten by the venomous snake while pulling a net onto the boat at about 09:00 local time, police said.
His mother told the Press Association: "We know Harry was bitten by a snake and died.
"Harry was not a backpacker, he was working in a job he loved and was living his dream.
"He had contact with his family and friends at home regularly and couldn't ha..
'Sleepwalking' with India's Maoist guerrillas Image copyright Getty Images Image caption Maoist guerrillas are active in several eastern and central states of India Tens of thousands of people have died in the conflict between Maoist guerrillas and the Indian state. Alpa Shah lived among the tribal villagers in their guerrilla strongholds for a year and a half to understand why they shunned democracy to take up arms.
Eyelids heavy, I struggled to keep my eyes open as we marched in single file, weaving our way across the open rice fields towards the safety of the forest, without even the light of a torch to guide us.
I was walking with a platoon of India's Maoist guerrillas - armed rebels who say they are fighting for the rights of tribal people and the rural poor. It was my seventh night of walking with these fighters and we had covered more than 30km (18 miles) each night. They moved after dusk because Indian security forces undertook counter-insurgency patrols i..
Meng Hongwei: China confirms detention of Interpol chief Image copyright AFP Image caption Meng Hongwei is a senior Communist Party official as well as Interpol president China has confirmed it is holding the missing head of Interpol, Meng Hongwei.
Beijing said he was under investigation by the country's anti-corruption body for unspecified breaches of the law.
Mr Meng, who is also listed as a vice-minister of public security in China, was reported missing after travelling from the city of Lyon in France, where Interpol is based, to China.
His family had not heard from him since he left Interpol headquarters on 25 September.
Earlier, his wife, Grace Meng, told journalists she thought he was in danger.
She issued an emotional plea for international help to find her husband.
She said he had sent her a message with a knife emoticon on her mobile phone signifying he was in danger.
With her back to the cameras to avoid being identified, she held back sobs to read out a statement in Ch..