Call of Duty Kansas 'swatting' death: Two more charged Image copyright Reuters Image caption Mr Barriss was extradited from his LA home to Kansas to face charges, including manslaughter Two more gamers accused of being part of a "swatting" hoax that led to a fatal shooting have been charged.
A man renting a house owned by one of the men allegedly involved in the swat - a hoax call requesting armed police - was shot dead in the subsequent raid.
Tyler Barriss, who is accused of making the swatting call following a row over a game of Call of Duty, had already been charged with manslaughter.
Now two others face charges in connection with their roles.
Shane Gaskill and Casey Viner are accused of obstructing justice, conspiracy and wire fraud.
Held hostage US attorney Stephen McAllister said the charges showed that swatting was not a "joke or a prank".
"It is a federal crime, and it puts people's lives at risk," he said in a press conference reported by local newspaper The Wichita Eagle.
According to court papers, Mr Gaskill and Mr Viner fell out while playing Call of Duty: World War II in late December 2017.
Mr Viner allegedly became so angry that he asked a third party. Mr Barriss, to "swat" Mr Gaskill.
It is claimed that Mr Gaskill provided details of an address he owned in Kansas, but which was being let to another man - Andrew Finch.
Armed officers visited the home in Kansas and when Mr Finch, who knew nothing of the dispute, answered the door he was fatally shot as police believed his movements showed he was reaching for a weapon.
Mr Viner and Mr Gaskill are due back in court on 13 June.
Fiat Chrysler recalls 4.8 million US cars Image copyright FCA Fiat Chrysler is recalling 4.8 million US vehicles over a defect that could prevent drivers from turning off cruise control.
It warned owners, including those outside the US, not to use the function until they get software upgrades.
The Italian-American car maker said no injuries or crashes were related to the large recall campaign.
But it had one report of a driver of a 2017 Dodge Journey being unable to turn cruise control off.
The firm said an "unlikely sequence of events" could lead to drivers being unable to cancel cruise control.
Fiat Chrysler said drivers could still stop their car by continuously putting on the brakes or by shifting into neutral gear and braking.
The recall involves automatic cars from various models built from 2014 to the end of 2019. Some markets outside the US, including Canada and Mexico, are also affected, but the total number of vehicles involved globally is not known.
The firm said it planned to contact affected customers.
Among the vehicles being recalled are the Chrysler 200, Chrysler 300, Chrysler Pacifica, Dodge Charger, Dodge Challenger, Dodge Journey, Dodge Durango, Jeep Cherokee, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Wrangler and Ram 1500, 2500 and 3500 pickup trucks and Ram 3500/4500/5500 cab trucks.
Some markets outside the US and Canada are also recalling certain Fiat Fremont models.
The problemFiat Chrysler said that at times its cruise control systems automatically start accelerating to help cars keep at the same speed, such as when going up a hill.
If that automatic acceleration happens at the same time as a short-circuit in the car's electrical system, a driver could be unable to switch off cruise control.
Fiat Chrysler said vehicles may be put in "park" once stopped, which turns cruise control off.
The carmaker, which in 2015 was hit with penalties from US regulators totalling $175m (£131m) for safety lapses, did not say how much the recalls would cost.
Armed bystanders gun down Oklahoma City restaurant shooter Image copyright Google Maps Image caption The restaurant near Lake Hefner in Oklahoma City where the shooting took place Police have praised two armed bystanders after they shot and killed a gunman who opened fire on diners at a restaurant in the US state of Oklahoma.
Oklahoma City police said four victims were injured on Thursday before the duo confronted the shooter as he fled the scene and "fatally shot him".
Officials said two women were taken to hospital and at least one required surgery.
Police named the deceased suspect as 28-year-old Alexander Tilghman on Friday morning.
Police Capt Bo Mathews told reporters that the armed civilians "took the right measures to be able to put an end to a terrible, terrible incident".
Louie's Grill & Bar in north-west Oklahoma City had more than 100 customers at the time of the shooting.
Ron Benton, one witness, told News 4 the shots sounded like "a rack of plates crashing" followed by "a pop, pop, pop sound".
Mr Benton said he saw the gunman wearing ear and eye protection typically used at shooting ranges, adding that he must have planned the attack.
"I spotted the [shooter] walking north up the sidewalk, and pointed him out to the guy who had the weapon," Mr Benton said.
"It's like, every day you hear the same story but it was just very odd to be in the middle of it."
The National Rifle Association (NRA) has cited the incident as another "example of how the best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Mussels test positive for opioids in Seattle's Puget Sound Image copyright Getty Images Scientists at the Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife have found that mussels in Seattle's waters are testing positive for opioids.
The finding suggests "a lot of people" are taking oxycodone in the Puget Sound, researchers say.
Scientists used mussels as a way to test pollution in Seattle's waters and discovered high enough oxycodone levels for the shellfish to test positive.
Mussels do not metabolise opioids, but some fish can become addicted.
Mussels are filter-feeders, which means they filter water for nutrients to nourish themselves. In the process, they end up storing pollutants in their tissues, which makes them a prime indicator species.
State researchers distributed clean mussels around the Puget Sound and extracted them months later to test the waters.
Of the 18 locations scientists used, three showed traces of oxycodone. The drug traces were not enough to get any humans high from consumption, but enough to indicate a problem, officials said.
"What we eat and what we excrete goes into the Puget Sound," Jennifer Lanksbury, a biologist at the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, told CBS News affiliate KIRO.
"It's telling me there's a lot of people taking oxycodone in the Puget Sound area."
Media playback is unsupported on your device Media captionA safe injection plan has one US city divided Washington's King County, home to Seattle and the Puget Sound, saw a record number of drug deaths in 2016, with 332 opioid-related overdoses, according to a University of Washington study.
Opioids claimed 63,600 lives that year in the US.Also in 2016, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration estimated that nearly 300lbs (136kg) of pharmaceuticals, personal care products and industrial compounds ended up in the Puget Sound each day, some at high enough concentrations to negatively impact fish.
Kings County Wastewater Ma..
'Wolf-like' creature shot on Montana ranch puzzles experts Image copyright Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks Image caption Bizarre theories have circulated online that it could be a werewolf or relative of Bigfoot US wildlife experts are baffled by a "wolf-like" animal that was killed by a Montana farmer.
The rancher near the town of Denton shot the creature last week when it came within several hundred metres of his livestock, said officials.
State wildlife experts said they have been unable to pinpoint its species.
After inspecting the creature, they said they doubt it's a wolf as its teeth were too short, front paws abnormally small and claws too large.
Bizarre theories have circulated online that it could be a werewolf or a relative of Bigfoot.
In a news release, the Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife, and Parks said it was a "young, non-lactating female and a canid, a member of the dog family that includes dogs, foxes, coyotes and wolves".
"We have no idea what this was until we get a DNA report back," a spokesman for the agency, Bruce Auchly, told the Great Falls Tribune.
He added that it may be up to a week before results come in, which should help identify the cryptid.
Image copyright Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks Image caption Experts say its body shape is different from a pure wolf Image copyright Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks Image caption Its fur is different from wolves, experts say Image copyright Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks Image caption Its front paws abnormally small for a wolf
Rachel Dolezal, who posed as black, charged with welfare fraud Media playback is unsupported on your device Media caption"The idea of race is a lie" - Rachel Dolezal speaks to Emily Maitlis A US white woman who posed as an African American for years faces charges of welfare fraud, authorities say.
Rachel Dolezal, who changed her name to Nkechi Diallo in 2016, illegally received $8,847 (£6,600) in public assistance funds, court documents say.
Ms Dolezal claimed her income was less than $500, but deposited $84,000 in her bank account without reporting it.
She may serve a maximum of 15 years in prison and be made to repay the funds.
Image copyright Rachel Dolezal/Facebook Image caption Ms Dolezal had served as a civil rights activist for the NAACP in Spokane before she was outed as white The case began when an investigator from the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services learned Ms Dolezal had published a memoir, In Full Color.
The investigation discovered Ms Dolezal would probably have received "payments of $10,000 to $20,000 as advances against later royalties", according to documents.
Rachel Dolezal: 'I identify as black' 'Transracial' woman's son resents her choices Ms Dolezal had been reporting her monthly income as less than $500, claiming food and childcare assistance funds as a result.
In 2015, Ms Dolezal quit her post at the Spokane, Washington, chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) amid outrage that she had pretended to be African American.
Since then, she claimed, she had been unable to find work, according to the Spokesman-Review.
Documents show Ms Dolezal said she was "barely" getting by, "with help from friends and gifts".
Investigators discovered that between August 2015 and September 2017, she deposited around $84,000 into her bank account, but only reported $20,000 for a "one-time job" for "speaking and voice overs" in October 2017.
Officials say when Ms Dolezal ..
Harvey Weinstein charged with rape in New York Media playback is unsupported on your device Media captionHarvey Weinstein made no comment as he walked into a police station in New York Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein has been charged in New York with rape and several other counts of sexual abuse involving two separate women.
Mr Weinstein had earlier turned himself in to police in the city.
Dozens of women have made allegations, including of rape and sexual assault, against the 66 year old.
Mr Weinstein has always denied non-consensual sex and these are the first charges that have been levelled against him.
A statement from the New York Police Department said Mr Weinstein "was arrested, processed and charged with rape, criminal sex act, sex abuse and sexual misconduct for incidents involving two separate women".
The statement thanked "these brave survivors for their courage to come forward and seek justice".
Details of the allegations and of those making the accusations have not yet been released.
The allegations against Mr Weinstein triggered the #MeToo movement, which sought to demonstrate and draw attention to the widespread prevalence of sexual abuse and harassment.
Who else has accused Mr Weinstein?The Hollywood mogul has faced accusations of sexual harassment and assault from dozens of women. Some have alleged rape.
Who has accused Weinstein of what?Actresses Kate Beckinsale, Lysette Anthony and Gwyneth Paltrow are among the high-profile figures to have spoken out.
Image caption Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow and Cara Delevingne have all spoken out Actress Ashley Judd is suing the 66-year-old Hollywood producer, claiming he damaged her career after she rejected his sexual advances.
One of the cases was in New York, where Italian model Ambra Battilana accused Mr Weinstein of groping her in 2015.
Investigators decided not to charge him even though there was an audiotape of Mr Weinstein accepting he had touched her breasts and pledging not to do so again.